Slimming World's cod Provençal is a one-pot wonder that the whole family will love, packed with plenty of vegetables and counting towards your 5-a-day. This dish is made with tender cod fillets, rich tomato sauce, garlic and fresh parsley. This recipe serves 4 people and will take around 1hr and 10 mins to prepare and cook. It's the ideal midweek meal for the whole family. Fresh, flaky cod is always a treat and in this tasty meal, it’s complemented by plenty of vegetables and filling beans. Serve with new potatoes and enjoy.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, halved and sliced lengthways
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- finely grated zest of ½ orange
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini or flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 courgettes, halved and sliced
- 4 thick skinless cod fillets, cut into large chunks
- small handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened and lightly browned, stirring often. Add the fennel and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, coriander seeds, mixed herbs, bay leaf and orange zest and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes and 750ml water and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the beans and courgettes, return to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the veg is just tender. Season to taste.
Add the cod to the pan, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Remove the lid, stir and simmer for 2 minutes or until the fish is cooked but not breaking up.
Scatter over the parsley and serve with new potatoes.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s cod Provençal
Try this recipe with salmon fillets instead - they work just as well.