Slimming World’s cod Provençal is a one-pot wonder that the whole family will love, packed with plenty of vegetables and counting towards your 5-a-day. This dish is made with tender cod fillets, rich tomato sauce, garlic and fresh parsley. This recipe serves 4 people and will take around 1hr and 10 mins to prepare and cook. It’s the ideal midweek meal for the whole family. Fresh, flaky cod is always a treat and in this tasty meal, it’s complemented by plenty of vegetables and filling beans. Serve with new potatoes and enjoy.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, halved and sliced lengthways
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- finely grated zest of ½ orange
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini or flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 courgettes, halved and sliced
- 4 thick skinless cod fillets, cut into large chunks
- small handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened and lightly browned, stirring often. Add the fennel and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, coriander seeds, mixed herbs, bay leaf and orange zest and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomatoes and 750ml water and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the beans and courgettes, return to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the veg is just tender. Season to taste.
Add the cod to the pan, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Remove the lid, stir and simmer for 2 minutes or until the fish is cooked but not breaking up.
Scatter over the parsley and serve with new potatoes.
Try this recipe with salmon fillets instead - they work just as well.