Meaty mackerel is perfectly complemented by the citrusy kick of orange segments in this healthy salad from Slimming World making it a tasty and filling lunch or dinner salad
- For the salad:
- 4 x 150g plain mackerel fillets, skin on
- 400g broccoli, trimmed
- 12 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 large orange, segmented
- Large handful of mixed sprouts (such as alfalfa, radish etc)
- 2 cooked beetroots, peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
- For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 orange
- 6tbsp fat free vinaigrette
- 1 level tsp creamed horseradish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the grill to medium-hot. Place the mackerel fillets, skin side up, on the grill rack and cook under the grill for 10-12 minutes or until the skin is blackened and charred. Leave the fillets to cool, then remove and discard the skin and flake the flesh.
Meanwhile cook the broccoli in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water, then drain again.
In a large flat platter, mix together the radishes, broccoli, orange segments and mixed sprouts.
Mix the dressing ingredients together and season well.
Arrange the flaked mackerel over the salad, scatter over the beetroot and pour over the dressing. Toss to mix well and serve immediately.
Slimming World syns:
Extra easy: 1/2
To find your nearest Slimming World group visit slimmingworld.com or call 0844 897 8000.
Top tip for making Slimming World summer mackerel salad
Try another one of our delicious filling salad recipes