Slimming World gives the classic tuna niçoise recipe an update with penne pasta and a delicious and low-fat dressing
- 200g dried penne
- 200g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 x 185g cans tuna chunks in spring water, drained
- 2 little gem lettuce, leaves separated and roughly torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 200g midi or large cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 8 pitted black olives
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, boiled to your liking, halved or quartered (optional)
- For the dressing:
- 6 tbsp fat free vinaigrette
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 level tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the green beans to the pan for the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
Place the tuna, lettuce, yellow pepper, tomatoes, olives and red onion in a wide bowl.
Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together and season well.
Drain the pasta and the beans and add to the tuna mixture. Pour over the dressing and toss gently to mix well. Garnish each serving with a boiled egg, if using, and serve immediately.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s tuna penne niçoise
You can use almost any pasta shapes in this dish, shell-shaped ones (conchiglie) are good as the tuna and vegetable chunks can nestle inside!