Karen Winter's Indian-style vegetables
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
If it's the day before you go shopping, use up any leftover vegetables in this delicious recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1tsp mustard seeds
- 1tsp cumin
- Mixed vegetables (whatever you've got to throw in - potatoes, cauliflower, peppers, carrots, and courgettes all work well)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Fry the garlic, ginger and onion together for 3 to 4 mins. Add the mustard seeds and cumin and cook for another 2 mins.
- Chop the vegetables into bite-size chunks, add to the pan with all the tomato, herbs and spices and fry for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add some water (the amount depends of how many vegetables you have - about half a cup is average). Cover the pan and turn down the heat.
- Simmer until the vegetables are done (about 20 mins). Serve with rice or naan bread.